Heritage Slate Roofing Sydney
To date, all Heritage Slate Roofing Sydney works carried out by Architectural Roofing Services have truly been the test of time.
Architectural Roofing Services, a trusted name in the Heritage Slate Roofing Sydney with over 30 years of experience in residential and commercial from slate roof repairs or restoration and new slate roof installation.
Our quality workmanship and service area is unmatched in the Slate Roofing Sydney. We are known as a trusted, reliable company with main focus on safety, quality, and trusted workmanship delivering quality slate roofing projects in Sydney, NSW.
Heritage Slate Roofing Sydney
Scope of Works
A slate roof is a true portrayal of elegance and simplicity, adding value to your home. A new slate roof life span of 80-100 years is typical, although this can last longer if well maintained and installed by experienced slate roofers.
- Architectural Roofing Services, was engaged to undertake heritage slate roofing projects in Sydney NSW, to repair and install new slate roof, leadwork roofing, installing new gutters with new downpipes and repairing rear metal roofing as well.
- The existing slate roof was replaced by the new premium grade Welsh slate roof. We make sure we use premium grade slates of the highest quality, such as Welsh Penrhyn and Canadian Glendyne, as part of our roofing project.
- The job included removing old broken slates and stripping roofing batons from the original rafters of the house. Once we removed the old roof system, we supplied and installed procter breathable roof sarking and fastened the roof rafters with nails.
- Supply and install new Oregon slate batons to be fastened to roof rafters with nails in a graded spaced alignment from the gutter level to the top of the ridge so that the batons can be fastened to the slates.
- The new Welsh Slates have been installed with overlapping head laps from the gutter level to seal each slate as they are installed from the roof to the ridge line. Copper slate nails are used to fix two slates per slate fixed in batons.
- Install a new guttering system in a half-round design on the slate roof, including new down pipes for discharge of rainwater to the ground level.
- Repair the existing metal roofing at the rear of the house to stop the water from entering the house with new metal flashing on the sealing roof.
- We then installed a new ridge level flashing lead in 25kg / m2 lead with lapped joints once all the slate roofing was installed.
Architectural Roofing Services is proud to deliver quality roofing projects across New South Wales. A trusted and reliable heritage slate roofing in Sydney with over 30 years of experience in heritage roofing we assure to do a job well done.
We work and understand roof components and materials which allows us to undertake a wide range of heritage slate roofing repair projects in Sydney NSW.
We would be pleased to undertake a free no-obligation quotation. Simply complete the details in the “Contact Us” section of the site, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give a call on 0416 243 396 or 02 9550 0498.