Why choose cast iron material?
Many of the heritage building across NSW you see will still be maintaining their original rainwater solutions after thorough periodic maintenance.
- Correctly installed and maintained Premier Rainwater systems can last in excess of 100 years.
- Long life expectancy makes cast iron the cost effective choice.
- Annual Maintenance checks should be carried out – occasional repainting may be required after the annual maintenance checks. This is especially important within coastal areas or areas of high pollution.
- 100% recyclable at the end of its life.
- Premier Rainwater products are manufactured in accordance with BS460.
- Our traditional range of cast iron rainwater goods is primed in standard grey metal primer with rust inhibitors.
- The standards for rainwater goods have been in existence for a significant period of time which means that replacing or integrating with an existing system can, in most cases be completed with ease.
- Strength and durability
- Premier pipes are highly resistant to distortion caused by accident or vandalism.
- Cast iron gutters are able to withstand the weight of ladders for roof maintenance.
- Gutters will not bend and sag when subjected to heavy snow and storms.
- Cast iron pipe is rigid and deflection of the pipe wall is almost nonexistent.
- 100% Recyclable
- Cast iron products supplied by Architectural Leadwork is produced with 100% recycled metal, making it environmentally friendly manufacturing process.
So by choosing cast iron for rainwater system, you are not only installing a quality and durable solution, but benefitting environment around you.
CAST IRON IS NOT COMBUSTILE. IT WILL NEITHER SUPPORT FIRE OR BURN AWAY.