Leadwork Roofing Australian Museum
All our leadwork roofing projects so far have truly stood the test of the time.We deliver a quality project on time and within budget.
Heritage Leadwork Roofing Restoration
at Australian Museum
Scope of Works
- Architectural Roofing Services, a successful tenderer, undertook a masterpiece heritage leadwork roof restoration project at the Australian Museum Sydney.
With All Lead Roofing Sydney project, Architectural Roofing Services uses premium grade 99.9% Lead material for all our roofing projects supplied by Midland Lead Australia.
- Why Leadwork Roofing? A leadwork roofing is durable, 100% recyclable and it typically lasts over 100 years. Lead is a sustainable and environmentally friendly product too. A leadwork roof is stylish and practical and is a long term solution.
- Supply and install 30kg/m2 of lead sheets for the heritage site. In order to undertake specialized heritage roofing work, we installed copper sheeting in 0.6 mm and installed it on the front edge of the stone to provide a detailed drip groove for the lead sheeting.
- Lead sheeting installed in 1 m sections, allowing expansion and contraction along a stone cornice with welded, locked joints. A 30kg lead sheet fabricated by experienced leadworker and turned down over front copper sheeting to form a straight edge in locked joints.
- The lead sheeting installed into stone joint of heritage building and secured with lead wedges driven into the stonework. Once lead sheeting is shaped over the front and tucked under copper clips will give the lead a lifetime of free maintenance and protect the heritage roof for decades to come.
- Once the lead has been installed and shaped over the stonework, an elastomeric joint with the back rod is installed to seal the stone lead joint, giving the lead a protective shine.
- A coat of patination oil was applied to newly installed leadwork to give a protective shine to the lead sheet and to leave the building looking good again.
We would be pleased to undertake a free no-obligation quotation. Simply complete the details in the “Contact Us” section of the site, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give a call on 0416 243 396 or 02 9550 0498.